Monday, October 10, 2011

secret of success? why is mommy crying?

Ya know, in a dumbed down kind of way, [the original post] just enlightened me to the secret of success. Being someone that lost his job on Sept 15, I now know what I must do in life to succeed. Forget the fact that I have applied to well over 130 jobs, with over 30% of them involving my background (property management/facility maintenance/environmental services) and haven't gotten a call back from any of them. I have also extended myself out to services offered by the State of NJ (One Stop Career Services, Professional Networking Group) with little hope of them having a positive effect. My one saving grace is that I have picked up a temporary job driving two hours from my house (and costing 40 bucks a day for gas/tolls) to refinish floors and train employees to do the same. This job will last for about two weeks, and then I'll be back on the search full time. Did I mention this is overnight work? Yep, while normal people sleep, I'm playing zombie and hoping that the company sees VALUE in my services and gives me a full time gig. So this will cover my rent payment for the month of November. I have not fed my family of four, but the utilities will be covered by, well, fuck I really don't know what they will be covered by. I can apply for more government assistance, like the WIC program or TANF, but shit now I'm living off of the gubment. I may get unemployment, but the majority of that will go to my son's daycare, car insurance, ancillary bills (my wife has to have a cell phone and car in her part time job working as a job coach for the disabled), but last time I was unemployed (corpaorate level "restructuring" in 2008) I sucked up most of the bank I had, so I am eligible for 6 weeks worth of payments (4 weeks left if you're keeping track).
But you're right. I have no reason to be mad. I should just take the 5 or so hundred bucks I have and start a fucking business. I'll keep my head up and not be pissed off that becasue of dumb money decisions by a handful of millionaires. But you won't see me outside of Wall St or anywhere protesting, I have kids to take care of and selling drugs is not an option, so I'll be hustling other ways and trying to be a positive person when my kids ask me why mommy is crying.

No comments:

Post a Comment